Sunday, February 12, 2012

A little snack...

Hello, everyone!
While I am thinking about what to write/focus on in this blog, I thought I'd offer a new favorite recipe of mine (and Tom's). I'd like to figure out how to soak the oats
, flax and nuts first - which would probably impact the bake time. 

This is great to make on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Thanks to Irene for the inspiration!



Homemade Granola 

3-4 cups oats (not the quick or instant variety)

1-2 cups nuts (sliced almonds work well)
1/4-1/2 cup flax seeds
2-4 T maple syrup (my hubby's syrup is the BEST!)
1/4-1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt (I forget this once in awhile, which doesn't seem to impact anything)

Bake at 250F for 45 minutes - mix/stir and bake for 45 more minutes.


Once cooled, add raisins, dried cranberries, chocolate or any other added preferences





Enjoy! Looking forward to posting more soon.


~Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment